Welding plays a major role in joining the metals. It is effectively used in the industry. The welding emits harmful light and smoke which affects the eyes and cause breathing related disorders. To get rid of these problems, follow the below given important tips to be on the safer side.
Tips for Safety Welding
- The welding should not take place in the broken sprinkler, fire systems, explosive atmosphere and easily ignitable materials. It should be taken place in a well-ventilated area.
- The harmful rays such as ultraviolet and infrared rays can damage the exposed skin very easily. Before welding, it is necessary to cover the body. It is advisable to avoid keeping the matches or any other butane lighteners in your pocket. As the cuffed pants can catch the spark very easily, avoid using these kinds of pants.
- Inside the welding cell, it is preferred to avoid using the shorts or short-sleeved shirts. For safety welding, you should wear the proper clothing like the helmet, and gloves. It is highly recommended to use the fire-resistant clothing like woven shirt, denim pants, and welding jacket. These clothes will give you complete protection and helps to secure your body. Buy the gloves which are specially designed for welding. They include heavy-duty stick gloves, medium-duty TIG gloves.
- Fumes and smoke are emitted at the time of welding produce a major hazard to your health. Suppose when welding is done in the confined space, the harmful gasses might mix with the breathable air. It is considered to be very toxic and hence it is preferred to avoid breathing these dangerous gasses. With the help of exhaust hood, you can remove the fumes and can breathe the very clean air. In tightened areas, it is better to use the respirators and work in a well-ventilated area to release the smoke in these areas.
- You should wear the leather shoes to protect your foot. Don’t wear the tennis or cloth shoes as it produces a burning sensation which greatly affects your foot.
- To require a safety welding, you need to wear the welding helmets which are provided with a proper filter shade to secure the face and eyes. Below the helmet, you can wear the safety glasses which are fitted with side shield and ear protector. To protect others from the arc, you can use the barriers or screens.
- It is highly recommended to use the auto-darkening helmet to reduce the neck fatigue. It is specially designed to have removable filters. To protect your ears from the loud noise, you can wear the ear muffs or ear plugs.
To have a safety welding, follow the above instructions. If you like this article, you can share it on social networking sites.